Saturday, January 9, 2016

Honey Bucket.


If you are a teen then you have memorized the word Acne. Ooooh yes. Those little painful dots that pop out just when you don't want them too! Here are a few fast facts on that dreaded teenager dilemma, and how to actually conquer it!

Acne is a disease that affects the skin’s oil glands. The small holes in your skin (pores) connect to oil glands under the skin. These glands make an oily substance called sebum. The pores connect to the glands by a canal called a follicle. Inside the follicles, oil carries dead skin cells to the surface of the skin. A thin hair also grows through the follicle and out to the skin. When the follicle of a skin gland clogs up, a pimple grows. And yes they hurt!

I recently discovered my Acne weapon, and it's sweet! (Pun intended) The best thing I've discovered is Honey. Now I'm not talking about the honey in the bear. This has to be raw/ unfiltered/ unpasteurized honey. Any of those titles work. But All-Natural means ziltch, nada, nothing!!! Here's why.
When they say All-Natural, that just means the bees haven't been fed a bunch of artificial junk food. But when is says Raw, that means is hasn't been heated. All-Natural honey is heated to make sure it remains in its liquidy form and it kills anything that might be in it, including anything good. Raw honey still has all that good stuff in it.

The reason I use Raw honey is because it washes off any dirt or impurities without taking away the natural and protective oils your skin creates on it's own. Soaps and cleansers do clean your face, but they strip the skin of it's oils, which causes your skin to burst out and make more oil. And that, we all know, creates Zits!
Raw honey also as natural antibacterial and probiotic properties which effectively reduce breakout and prevent new acne from forming. Those properties are lost in All-Natural honey because it gets heated.
Raw honey moisturizes dry skin and balances oily skin, so it's perfect for anybody. Not to mention that one bottle will last you forever! So it's cheaper too!

To use this powerful weapon, simply take a finger-size glob of honey and smear it on your face. (I suggest pinning your hair out of the way because it can get messy.) If that isn't enough to cover your face than just get more! It doesn't have to be a thick coat, if you do than you'll have honey running down your neck. Not fun! Leave on the honey mask for 10-20 minutes. (Just smile and let people laugh. I offered to let my little brother lick my nose! And I quickly got the nick name Honey Bucket.) Gently wash off with a soft towel and warm water, patting dry. I've been using this for a week and haven't gotten a new zit!

Here are a few other Acne tips that I do.
Acne can be fought internally as much as externally. By changing your diet you can really make a difference. Check out this website to learn more.
I try to shower every three days. (Any more and my hair dries out.) So when I shower I take some Redmond Clay Facial Mud and rub it in between my eyes and all over my nose. Click here to see where I get it. This stuff helps draw out the gunk that get's stuck in open pores. (Black heads. Another teenager enemy.) Now for some people they shower everyday and that's great for them, more power to ya. I was never a big shower person so that's just me. But for the everyday shower people, I do NOT suggest using this everyday. There is such a thing as to-much-of-a-good-thing. Just do it every-other day, or every three days.
Another huge thing is coconut oil. I LOVE this stuff!!!! It is a great moisturizer and can heal any acne scars you might have. It also prevents acne from breaking out, like honey. Check Here for more ways to use it. But the same thing applies here. I don't suggest using it every day because To-much-of-a-good-thing is a bad thing. It can start making your skin over oily, having the opposite affect and causing acne. So I use this after I use the facial mud and just leave it on till it rubs off. (Usually overnight.)
Good luck with the acne battle! ;)









No comments:

Post a Comment